Friday, April 10, 2009

Pittsburgh-bound

K and I are headed to Pittsburgh tonight to meet up with Clint, Sarah, Ms. Buns, and Sgt. Brown (oh and soon to be Baby B!). I love visiting Pittsburgh-my favorite part is coming out of the tunnel on 279 and then-BAM- there is the city, laid out in front of you with all its bridges to the right, and the stadiums to the left. I don't know why but it always gives me a happy feeling. Last time we visited Clint et al., we rode up the Duquesne Incline to Mt. Washington and had cocktails overlooking the city. We also ate at the restaurant where S works-Legume- it was delicious. If you live in P-burgh, you should DEFINITELY check it out. This time we plan on antiquing, with inspiration provided by all the Antiques Road Shows we have been watching these last few months. Is it really possible to find such treasures? I am hoping Pittsburgh is just the town for diamonds in the rough.

Then on Saturday afternoon it's off to my brother's new house in the 'burbs of Pittsburgh for some good old-fashioned three year old birthday party action. My niece turned three earlier in the week and we will celebrate this momentous occasion with the rest of the family. I am trying to see my family a lot while I am on the east coast. Visits will be fewer and farther between when we live up in the great Northwest.

Happy Easter weekend to everyone. I wish I were in Portland, OR, at a certain someone's Easter party!

1 comment:

S.K. Mora said...

oooooooh, baby

we will be in pitt tomorrow evening too..... going to scope the area... might want to live there in a few years. maybe we'll pass on the highway!

love and kisses and chocolate easter bunnies!

steph