Saturday, July 15, 2006

Goodbye, KK!

Sadness. My sister leaves today. We have had a really great time partying all around Oahu, but today she leaves me to go back to DC.

Here are some pictures from our adventures. Shown on the left: Katy at the Halona blow hole, although the blow hole itself is on the opposite side of this lookout.


The waves on Wednesday, when this picture was taken, were up to 8'. The eastern winds were gusting up to 50mph which causes some pretty erratic swells, making for some awesome smashing of waves against these volcanic rocks. This is the newest part of Oahu, so there is no reef to protect the cliffs here.

And here's a picture of me climbing down to the cove by the blowhole:

That's all for now. I am going to Waimanalo to play frisbee beach league after dropping Katy off at the airport. Back to da grind, bruddah.

3 comments:

Julie Miller said...

caroline-beautiful pics-Hawaii looks gorgeous, i'm read to move there! how's the marine world?
jules

Anonymous said...

Wow. That top picture is your sister?!? If you hadn't told us, then I would have thought it was YOU, Caroline.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE O'AHU! Kudos to the tour guide- she's great!
Someday, I'll make it back, but until then the memories will have to be enough (sigh)...